The Newtown and Chilwell Cricket Club currently consists of six (6) Senior, eleven (11) Junior teams, an additional eighty (80) participants in our In2Cricket Have-A-Go Program and functions strictly within the parameters of Federal, State and Local Government legislation and our own internal policies and programs.
The club has been an integral part of the Geelong Cricket Association over its first century and hopes to continue to be so in the new millennium meeting the challenges of keeping the game of cricket at the forefront of sporting and leisure activities. The club achieved Good Sports accreditation in 2002, moving to level 2 in 2003 and has maintained level 3 since 2004.
The club also provides the Geelong Over 60’s matches on various Sundays as part of the Victorian Over 60 Cricket Association (VOSCA).
DIRECTOR OF CRICKET: Devon Royce
1st XI Premiership Player, Life Member and a former Chairman of Selectors, Devon is to oversee the running of all things cricket. Devon will mentor all coaches, captains, players and administrators providing a life time of cricket knowledge to the group.
JUNIOR DEVELOMENT DIRECTOR: Tony Jefferies
1st XI Premiership Player, Newest Life Member, Tony has a huge depth of experience as a player and mentor and he himself is a product of this program. Tony opened the bowling for the Geelong Cricket Club first XI for a number of years, following on from a successful career at N.C.C.C.
This will deliver to you:
- The opportunity to play with one of the most successful sporting clubs in the country.
- A financially strong organisation
- A club boasting multi million dollar facilities, drought proof oval and the newest training facility in Geelong cricket circles
- National and International relationships: through our connections, programs and relationships, you will have the opportunity to be introduced to and deal with numerous bodies world wide including the Essex Cricket Club, The Geelong Cricket Club, The Geelong Cricket Association, Cricket Victoria and Cricket Australia.
- The Newtown and Chilwell Cricket Club brand is synonymous with professional sports administration. You can be assured of consistently high standards of accountability and management.
- Active and vibrant social committee
- The knowledge and experience which can be delivered by our executive committee whose longevity with the club is almost unparalleled in local sporting bodies.
- A sizeable network of past players who return to Queens Park annually. Our current past players association exceeds 200, enabling you to establish friendships in the wider community
In summary, as a member of the Newtown and Chilwell Cricket Club, you can expect to be involved in a healthy, vibrant and successful organisation.